Laura Taylor, BLib. Msc Econ. MCLIP: Librarian and Schools' Library Advisor
"a dynamic and inspirational school librarian who has a track record in creating and sustaining a vibrant library and reading culture. She is energetic and resourceful, constantly striving to create and sustain children’s interests in books and reading"
Sharon Whyatt, School Improvement Advisor, London Borough of Southwark
Laura Taylor is a specialist in school libraries having worked in local authority Schools' Library Services as a Library Advisor as well as in 3 secondary schools, including setting up a brand new Academy library.
- SSAT Academies Lead Practitioner for Libraries 2008-9
- CILIP SLG National Committee member 2008 to 2011
- National Literacy Trust Reading Connects Ambassador
- Lead Professional Librarian in Lambeth 2005-6
- Academies Consultant for Libraries 2009 - to date
- Awarded Highly Commended Reading Connects School of the Year 2007
- Developed Southwark Schools’ Book Award
- Current CRB check (2012).
- Professional Idemnity and Public liability insured
Education and Training
- Joint Honours Degree in Librarianship and Education B Lib 2.1
- Management of Libraries and Information Services MSc Econ
- Chartered Librarian